class resources for course in communication processes

  • Dale Cyphert
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008
      Dear colleagues,
      I'm looking for instructional materials for a course, Communication
      Management, which covers the design and management of communication
      processes to support various business functions.

      I'd like to know whether anyone can recommend textbooks, case studies,
      or other goodies that look at such topics as

      -the design of forms to facilitate optimal communication of information
      -issues of literacy, numeracy, or other skill sets required for various
      communication technologies
      -human factors in the successful use of various communication techniques
      (i.e. meeting management with problem participants, cross-cultural
      interviews, telephone use by the disabled)
      -privacy security policies with respect to boundary-crossing information
      sharing
      -document management and shared writing/editing in a collaborative
      communication environment
      -ethical issues in the design of communication processes that presuppose
      certain cultural awareness, economic resources, or privacy levels.

      I'm guessing that these might be covered in technical communication
      texts, but it's not an area I'm particularly familiar with. Any advice
      or pointers to resources will be welcome!

      thanks,
      dale

      --
      Dale Cyphert, Ph.D.