Re: [americancomm] Digest Number 624

  • LilHockeyPhoto@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2008
      I have never heard of PostSecrets. Maybe this book could be represented by an aspect from the "darkside of communication"... (see Cupach and Sprizer's volumes for more info, or look up Duck)....  maybe Altman and Taylor's (1973) Social Penetration Theory (aka the infamous "onion model" of the self as related to communicative interactions) ...  maybe the Johari Window (Luft & Ingham, 1955)? Good luck!

      Rachel

      "Who are you?" said the Caterpillar

      "I---I hardly know, Sir, just at present---at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then." - Alice

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 2008
        For those of you who didn't know and are interested in PostSecrets, they also have a webpage.
        I believe that this page was built even before the book was published and the page is updated every Sunday.
        Here it is for those that are interested,

        Regards,

        Juan

        wrote:

        > If you are familiar with the popular PostSecrets books, you know that
        > the secrets revealed in the books come from people who send in
        > postcards that tell secrets that are true and that have never been
        > shared with anyone before. Some of the secrets are funny, some are
        sad,
        > and some are from people I don't really want to meet in a dark
        > alley ;0)
        >
        > Can any of you apply a communication theory - either interpersonal or
        > group - that applies to this concept?
        >
        > BDWarren

        Recent Activity
        Visit Your Group
        Y! Messenger
        Chat in real-time
        with your friends.
        Best of Y! Groups
        that are the best
        of their class.
        Cat Fanatics
        Find people who are
        crazy about cats.
        Need to Reply?

        McCain or Obama? Stay up to date on the latest from the campaign trail with AOL News.