finally joined

  • vickie321
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6 8:40 AM
      I have tried several times now, and by a couple of different methods
      (including the first "official" invitation) to join the new ACA
      interface....still no luck. I'm finally signed on at home, but does
      anyone have any suggestions for joining from a work address?

      dale
    • Tom Graves
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6 1:21 PM
        Dale,

        Send a blank email from the work address to
        americancomm-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

        Note - you will now get two copies of each message - one at work and
        one at home. If you want to only get messages at work, then once you
        know you are successfully getting messages at work, you can unsubscribe
        from home by sending a blank message from home to
        americancomm-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

        If you want to send messages to the group from both home and work, then
        you need to log onto groups.yahoo.com and edit your email preferences.
        You would need to create an account if you do not already have one.
        Note - you can join yahoo groups such as "americancomm" without having
        a yahoo groups account, but you are then limited to receiving and
        sending messages and cannot use the web-based features of the group.

        Tom

        On Aug 6, 2005, at 11:40 AM, vickie321 wrote:

        > I have tried several times now, and by a couple of different methods
        > (including the first "official" invitation) to join the new ACA
        > interface....still no luck.  I'm finally signed on at home, but does
        > anyone have any suggestions for joining from a work address?
        >
        > dale
      • dale
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6 2:10 PM
          Ah...the old fashioned way! I'll have to admit the web interface has
          been nice for catching up on the old messages I missed, but I guess it's
          a little too fancy for some of the older folks. :-/

          dale

          Tom Graves wrote:
          > Dale,
          >
          > Send a blank email from the work address to
          > americancomm-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
          >
          > Note - you will now get two copies of each message - one at work and one
          > at home. If you want to only get messages at work, then once you know
          > you are successfully getting messages at work, you can unsubscribe from
          > home by sending a blank message from home to
          > americancomm-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.
          >
          > If you want to send messages to the group from both home and work, then
          > you need to log onto groups.yahoo.com and edit your email preferences.
          > You would need to create an account if you do not already have one. Note
          > - you can join yahoo groups such as "americancomm" without having a
          > yahoo groups account, but you are then limited to receiving and sending
          > messages and cannot use the web-based features of the group.
          >
          > Tom
          >
          > On Aug 6, 2005, at 11:40 AM, vickie321 wrote:
          >
          > I have tried several times now, and by a couple of different methods
          > (including the first "official" invitation) to join the new ACA
          > interface....still no luck. I'm finally signed on at home, but does
          > anyone have any suggestions for joining from a work address?
          >
          > dale

        • Tom Graves
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6 2:54 PM
            Dale,

            Do you have a yahoo groups account? If so, you can go to "My Account"
            and add an additional email address and you can specify which one is
            your primary address, which is the one your email will be sent to. You
            will have to verify a new address by clicking on a link in an email
            sent to that address.

            There are three or four places on yahoo groups in which you can somehow
            alter your email settings, and what you can alter in each place is
            different. So things are not made easy or consistent for users.

            For most people, just sending and receiving the messages is fine and
            there is no need for web access. However, as you have found, the web
            site is great for reading older messages. If you are going away, you
            can also temporarily change your settings to not receive mail. This is
            great if you are worried about returning to a full inbox and essential
            if you use an automatic "away from the office" message that gets sent
            to the group every-time a group message is received.

            There are several other web features but in managing several lists on
            yahoo groups (starting back when it was OneList, then eGroups), I have
            found most people are only interested in the messaging and don't bother
            with the rest.

            Tom

            On Aug 6, 2005, at 5:10 PM, dale wrote:

            > Ah...the old fashioned way!  I'll have to admit the web interface has
            > been nice for catching up on the old messages I missed, but I guess
            > it's
            > a little too fancy for some of the older folks. :-/
            >
            > dale
            >

            > Tom Graves wrote:
            > > Dale,
            > >
            > > Send a blank email from the work address to
            > > americancomm-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
            > >
            > > Note - you will now get two copies of each message - one at work
            > and one
            > > at home. If you want to only get messages at work, then once you
            > know
            > > you are successfully getting messages at work, you can unsubscribe
            > from
            > > home by sending a blank message from home to
            > > americancomm-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.
            > >
            > > If you want to send messages to the group from both home and work,
            > then
            > > you need to log onto groups.yahoo.com and edit your email
            > preferences.
            > > You would need to create an account if you do not already have one.
            > Note
            > > - you can join yahoo groups such as "americancomm" without having a
            > > yahoo groups account, but you are then limited to receiving and
            > sending
            > > messages and cannot use the web-based features of the group.
            > >
            > > Tom
            > >
            > > On Aug 6, 2005, at 11:40 AM, vickie321 wrote:
            > >
            > >     I have tried several times now, and by a couple of different
            > methods
            > >     (including the first "official" invitation) to join the new ACA
            > >     interface....still no luck.  I'm finally signed on at home, but
            > does
            > >     anyone have any suggestions for joining from a work address?
            > >
            > >     dale
            > >

            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >
            > ▪  Visit your group "americancomm" on the web.

            > Service.

          • dale
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 6 3:51 PM
              I think that's been my problem. I do manage a yahoogroups list, and I
              think trying to have two active email address is causing confusion.

              dale

            • annrosenthal@iwsmail.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 7 4:31 AM
                Dale,

                I may be the oldest "folk" on here and I believe I was second, after Ty,
                to join! 8-)

                Of course, I was at home in bed recovering from surgery...

                Ann

                <snip>>