Communication Research Opportunity

  • 123200
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 17, 2008

      Hello, my name is Jeremy Basso.  I am currently pursuing a graduate degree in Communication Studies at Governors State University, outside of Chicago, IL.  In doing so, I am interested in performing a research study as part of my thesis.  Is anyone interested in contributing to a communication research project, which would concentrate on interpersonal communication between students and their professors?  I would like to perform the research during the Winter 2009 semester.  With that being said, I would prefer for the research to consist of 120-150 college students enrolled in introductory communication courses.  I am seeking a college professor's involvement.  I have already developed two hypotheses, two research questions and a ten question survey, which would be distributed to the students on a voluntary basis, at the end of the semester.  Please only respond if you are interested in being involved in the research.  Thanks in advance for your time and consideration concerning this matter.

      Jeremy Basso
       jbasso@...
    • 123200
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 17, 2008
[...]

      • Claudia Lauren McCann
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 17, 2008
          I will help you out! I am a senior at NC State in Raleigh NC and majoring
          in interpersonal communication. Look foward to hearing from you
          Lauren

          > Hello, my name is Jeremy Basso.  I am currently pursuing a graduate
          > degree in Communication Studies at Governors State University, outside of
          > Chicago, IL.  In doing so, I am interested in performing a research study
          > as part of my thesis.  Is anyone interested in contributing to a
          > communication research project, which would concentrate on interpersonal
          > communication between students and their professors?  I would like to
          > perform the research during the Winter 2009 semester.  With that being
          > said, I would prefer for the research to consist of 120-150 college
          > students enrolled in introductory communication courses.  I am seeking a
          > college professor's involvement.  I have already developed two
          > hypotheses, two research questions and a ten question survey, which would
          > be distributed to the students on a voluntary basis, at the end of the
          > semester.  Please only respond if you are interested in being involved in
          > the research.  Thanks in advance for your time and consideration
          > concerning this matter.
          > Jeremy Basso
          >  jbasso@...

          Lauren McCann
          Clmccan2@...
          > 336.337.1996
        • John F. Michael III
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 17, 2008
            I am an adjunct instructor at Arkansas State. I teach the basic oral communication course. I'm willing to help in any way I can.

            John F. Michael, M.A.
            Arkansas State University, Paragould
            jmichael@...

[...]
          • nur amin
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 17, 2008
              hi Basso...i can help you for the thesis...im a lecturer of communication in YAI university Indonesia...if you want to get the perception from ASian student...

              Nur Amin Astohar
              YAI University
              Department of Communication
              Jakarta
              Indonesia

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 17, 2008
                Greetings,

                My name is Dr. kelly Brennan. I am a full-time professor at Clackamas
                College and I the various course on communication. I would be willing
                to help in any way I can. I have 250 basic sommunication students per
                quarter. I also teach at Washinton State University - Vancouver where I
                have an additional 120 students. Have a great day.

                Kelly J. Brennan, Ph.D.
                Clackamas College - Oregon City, Oregon
                kellyb@...

                >>> jmichael@... 09/17/08 4:21 PM >>>

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 17, 2008

                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 21, 2008
                    Thank you for your interest in the communication research project.  At this point in time, my interest is researching students in the United States.  After the research is complete in the U.S., we could sample your students in Asia as well and create the same study, for the fall 2009 semester.  Maybe even perform a comparison study between the two (U.S. and Asia). I will keep your contact information for future research in Asia.  Thanks again for your interest and we will be in touch in the near future.

                    Jeremy Basso

                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 21, 2008
                      ok, Basso..i really appreciate your planning for the comparative study (US. and Asia)...im sure you will get the most value inquiry since most of the best teacher was gained their Ph.D from US...cu soon.

                      Nur Amin Astohar (astohar@...)

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 24, 2008
[...]

                      • b bastegani
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 24, 2008
                          hi
                          I interest to involve in the your research.  Thanks
                          Behrouz Bastegani

[...]

                           jbasso@mail. govst.edu

                        • 123200
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 24, 2008
                            Thank you for your interest, I have a few questions.  What university are you a professor at?  What communication courses do you currently teach?  How many students do you teach?

                            Jeremy Basso

                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 24, 2008
                              if possible...take me in. I teach communication in Persada University, Jakarta, Indonesia. I have 4 class where each of them is about 30-40 students. Only if possible...

                              Nur Amin Astohar
                              communication study lecturer
                              Persada University
                              Jakarta
                              Indonesia

                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 8, 2008
                                Dr. Brennan,

                                Are you still interested in the communication research opportunity you replied to in Sept.?

                                Jeremy Basso
                                jbasso@...

                                kellyb@clackamas. edu

                                >>> jmichael@astate. edu 09/17/08 4:21 PM >>>