Damn the advertisements!

  • TYRONE ADAMS, PH.D.
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2008
      Damn the advertisements with the light of poetry!

      "Worlds Apart"
      by Bruce Springsteen

      I hold you in my arms, yeah that's when it starts
      I seek faith in your kiss and comfort in your heart
      I taste the seed upon your lips, lay my tongue upon your scars
      But when I look into your eyes we stand worlds apart

      Where the distant oceans sing and rise to the plain
      In this dry and troubled country your beauty remains
      Down from the mountain road where the highway rolls to dark
      'Neath Allah's blessed rain we remain worlds apart

      Sometimes the truth just ain't enough
      Or is it too much in times like this?
      Let's throw the truth away we'll find it in this kiss
      In your skin upon my skin in the beating of our hearts
      May the living let us in before the dead tear us apart

      We'll let blood build a bridge over mountains draped in stars
      I'll meet you on the ridge between these worlds apart
      We've got this moment now to live then it's all just dust and dark
      Let's let love give what it gives
      Let's let love give what it gives

      --
      Tyrone L. Adams, Ph.D.
      Richard D'Aquin Professor of Journalism and Communication

      Departmental site: http://comm.louisiana.edu
      Personal site: http://www.tyroneadams.com
      BLOG: http://tyroneadams.blogspot.com/
      "I'm not 40 years old; I'm 18 with 22 years of experience..."