Editorial Information for ACJ

  • Robert Fortner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2006
      Dear all,
      I have attached a pdf file of editorial information regarding ACJ. I
      would appreciate it if you would take a look at it and give whatever
      advice you wish. I have taken into account as best I can the various
      remarks made in our discussion and I wish to thank all of you who did
      respond. There are a couple of other matters that you may wish to know,
      too. First, I have now recruited forty members for an editorial board. I
      asked all those listed on the present board whom I could locate whether
      they wished to continue. Most did, although a few begged off. There were
      also several people who I simply couldn't find in any of my association
      directories, or on the institutional websites listed as their
      affiliations, or by doing a web search. So they are not included. I may
      still hear from a few whom I did ask, but have not yet responded. I've
      also recruited several new people. All have committed to reading
      submissions and have provided me with the areas of study that they are
      willing to review. If any of you haven't heard from me, and would like
      to be part of the editorial board, I invite you to speak up. I merely
      worked from the existing list and perhaps you weren't on it, but would
      like to be. Don't be bashful. Second, I would like to continue the
      existing book review editors and to begin to deal with what they say is
      a backlog of submissions as soon as I can. As soon as Robert Schrag
      knows what may emerge from his special issues, and what book reviews
      might be included in those issues, I can begin to work with the
      remainder of accepted reviews via the review editors. So I ask for their
      patience for a bit longer, especially since I don't officially become
      editor until July. I also intend to appoint a "blog editor" and you will
      see why when you read the editorial information. I have a volunteer from
      the discussion, but will have to go back there to see who it was. YOU
      know who you are. I hope you're still so inclined. Let me know, please.
      So far seven submissions. One turned down. Six out for review.
      Happy New Year !
      Bob Fortner
    • R Markham
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2006
        Robert:

        Thanks for the email and Happy New Year.  By way of introduction I teach speech
        communication at Darton College in Albany, Georgia. I served on the editorial board
        for Public Relations Review several years ago. I would be interested in serving on
        your editorial board.

        Best wishes in your work.

        Reed Markham

        Robert Fortner <robert.fortner@...> wrote:
[...]