Introduction

  • Alissa Utley
    Message 1 of 87 , Feb 26 5:57 AM
      Hello All-
      My name is Alissa OConnor and I am a recent (2005) graduate of the University of Iowa with a major in Communication studies.  I am currently employed at a non-profit agency in Marketing and Development.  I look forward to networking within this group.  If you have any questions or if I can be of assistance please don't hesitate to contact me!

      Sincerely,

      Alissa OConnor

    • saddam tufail
      Message 87 of 87 , Feb 2 12:25 AM
      Dear Mr. Jacob,

      We are very pleased that you have joined our ACA Group.
      Regards
      Saddam Tufail
      Cell : +923458234302

      (Saddam Tufail Hashmi have been working in media from 2001 as News editor,Reporter,live News & Program Anchor,Producer,Analyst. He is professional Journalist Member of Pakistan federal union of journalist,Karachi union of journalist,Karachi Press Club,Arts council of Pakistan Karachi,Human Rights commission of Pakistan, Newly formed Pakistan media club etc, He Elected in flying colors as Member Governing Body Karachi Press Club 2014 ( Pioneer Press Club Of Pakistan ) He worked as News Anchor/Producer in Famous News channels of Pakistan AAJ Tv & News Analyst on National Channel PTV News (Still). He worked for different news organization of Pakistan full time included PPI, ARY city, APNA channel, ROSHNI news tv, INDUS news, SUN Tv, SAMAA tv, CNBC Pakistan. He invited by different universities,institutes & organizations included university of Karachi, Federal University of Arts,Science & Technology, Biztek University etc as a Speaker & Trainer about Media.He is secretary of press & publication committee Karachi Press Club. He got several Awards & certificates. Now doing Program named "GRIFT" (Crime & social issues based reality Show against crime & corruption) on Express News TV every Fri 19:00 to 20:00 also doing current affairs based live talk show on PTV News Twice a week on national & international current issues.

      Famous Programs (Past)
      SAMAA METRO ( Host of First social issues based road show on aired on samaa tv 2008)
      Hal Kya hai (undercover Reporter on Samaa Tv)
      Taxi News (Samaa Tv)
      SARAK KINAREY ( host & producer , social issues based road show CNBC Pakistan)

      On Friday, January 29, 2016 9:55 AM, "'Stogsdill, Steve' sstogsdill@... [americancomm]" <americancomm@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Welcome Jacob.

      Steve Stogsdill,
      Associate Professor of Communication
      Hardin-Simmons University, Abilene, Texas

      From: "Jacob Dankasa jacobdankasa@...<mailto:jacobdankasa@...> [americancomm]" <americancomm@yahoogroups.com<mailto:americancomm@yahoogroups.com>>
      Date: Friday, January 29, 2016 at 11:42 AM
      To: "americancomm@yahoogroups.com<mailto:americancomm@yahoogroups.com>" <americancomm@yahoogroups.com<mailto:americancomm@yahoogroups.com>>
      Subject: [americancomm] Introduction

      Hello all,
      My name is Jacob Dankasa, I just joined the ACA. Here is a little about me. In addition to bachelor degrees in Philosophy and theology, I obtained a master's degree in mass communication from St. Cloud State University, Minnesota, USA with concentration in new media, public relations and critical analysis of the media. I earned a PhD in Information Science from University of North Texas, Denton, USA with specialization in human information and communication behavior, and information theory and designs. My research areas include new media in organization, information seeking behavior, social informatics, technology-based social networking in corporate, cultural and religious environments, mobile technologies for learning, communications and information transmission, and usability and user experience in information systems design. I have published scholarly and researched papers in peer reviewed journals on topics of information, communications, technology and use of social media in faith communities. I’m also a Catholic clergyman, presently living in Dallas, Texas but originally a Nigerian.
      I'm glad to be here; I look forward to sharing with and learning from you.

      Jacob Dankasa

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: