Introduction

  • Alissa Utley
    Message 1 of 79 , Feb 26, 2008
      Hello All-
      My name is Alissa OConnor and I am a recent (2005) graduate of the University of Iowa with a major in Communication studies.  I am currently employed at a non-profit agency in Marketing and Development.  I look forward to networking within this group.  If you have any questions or if I can be of assistance please don't hesitate to contact me!

      Sincerely,

      Alissa OConnor

    • Stogsdill, Steve
      Message 79 of 79 , Jan 6
        Thanks Debra. I teach Communication courses at Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas. I hope to reference your site when discussing intercultural communication, and in my Organizational Communication course.

        Welcome to ACA.

        Steve Stogsdill
        Associate Professor of Communication
        Hardin-Simmons University.

        On Dec 27, 2013, at 11:39 AM, Debra L. Flowers wrote:

        I, Debra Flowers, am happy to be joining ACA. I am and have been for the last 8 years an adjunct instructor of Communication Studies at Austin College in Sherman, TX. Previously, I taught seminars for 20 years for about 10,000 managers, focusing on leadership and employee selection applications of the Value Systems Analysis theory, and worked as a communications consultant. I have co-authored three books-- two on the Value Systems Analysis concept and one on employee handbooks-- and published articles in professional journals.

        This year my husband, Vince Flowers, PhD, and I published a new website, www.valuesystems-thatslife.org<http://www.valuesystems-thatslife.org/> . Including 100 PowerPoint presentations, the site reviews the work we did for 30 years on the Value Systems Analysis (VSA) theory and introduces the That's Life Concept, which Vince created, that includes and greatly expands the VSA theory. The website is free to all.