New member intro.

  • Laura Pelehach
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2008
      Hello all,

      Thank your for allowing me to enjoy the group! I look forward to participating and learning.

      My name is Laura Pelehach. I have worked in publishing for most of my--oh gosh--it's going on 20-years!--career. Mostly association and b-to-b publishing. I have experience writing, editing, planning, managing, acquiring new products...you name it...for books (currently), magazines (not too long ago), and newspapers (many moons ago). Right now, I'm exploring what I want to do next in my career. I am exploring the possibility of making the transition from a publishing career to a corporate or not-for-profit communications career. As part of the exploration, I'm learning what the "day-to-day" is like, which of my skills translate (and how), what employers are looking for. .

      I am very interested in digital publishing, electronic media, social software, etc. The type of print publishing I do is certainly going to be around for awhile, but I think the new media is "where it's at."

      I welcome any advice, insights on communications careers, etc. Likewise, I'm happy to share any information or perspectives from my own experience.

      Laura Pelehach