Arabic Rhetoric

  • Jacob F. Roecker
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2007
      Dear Adel:

      American text books are still adjusting to the fact that our involvement
      in Iraq will probably mean a long-term relationship and I'm stuck in two
      different intercultural classes that focus predominantly on Pacific
      nations. Basically I believe there needs to be more emphasis on Muslim
      nations across the world. Our media is so good about grouping them
      together that they fail to recognize Iran's Persian Roots and
      misconstrue the nation as Arabic. I think that these misconceptions are
      part of the problems in society.

      It's my job to fix problems in society--I think it's part of being a
      human being.

      I'm also taking a rhetorical criticism class. Like any good western
      based rhetorical criticism class we started with Aristotle's Logos,
      Pathos, and Ethos and continued with the rigid construction of his
      method of criticism. With the end of the semester approaching and the
      time we'll I'll be returning to Iraq drawing near, I'm wondering if you
      could answer a question for me:

      If the western civilization has Aristotle to thank for our rhetorical
      understanding what does the Muslim world have? Historically the
      Persians were more advanced at times than the entire rest of Europe.
      With such a proud heritage, I'm hoping that there are some unique roots
      in their methods of persuasion.

      Thanks very much for your time

      -Jacob Roecker
    • Adel Andalibi
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2007
        Dear Jacob

        I have no expertise in the field of your concern. You may find it helpful to contact to Dr Ashraf in Iranica to introduce you some resources in english. sorry for delay.

        Regards
        Adel

        "Jacob F. Roecker" <jacob@...> wrote:
[...]

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.