5794RE: ANNOUNCEMENT--ACJ EDITOR POSITION AVAILABLE!!!!

  • groupassport
    Oct 16, 2013

      ---In americancomm@yahoogroups.com, <americancomm@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Dear ACA Members,

      We have been preparing for a smooth transition of our journal’s editorial team. While Aziz will be leading the journal’s editorial team as a Managing Editor, I will be the journal’s Book Review Editor.  We are currently looking for an Associate Editor with some publishing experience who can help us with the publication for the next 2 to 3 years, and who can fulfill the duties below.  Candidates interested in the Associate Editor position should submit a CV and a cover letter expressing how they think could contribute to the mission of the journal.

      We want to hear from you by October 31st.  If we don’t find a suitable candidate by then, our next step will be to recruit an Associate Editor from the larger communication community.  If interested, please send your documents to BOTH mcdaniela@... and to adouai@...

      Anita McDaniel

      Associate Editor Duties

      • perform all duties of a board member in good standing
      • maintain publication deadlines
      • consult with the managing editor about the review process as needed
      • offer suggestions about calls for papers when necessary
      • guide contributing authors through the revise/resubmit process
      • assist authors with grammar and spelling as needed if English is not their first language
      • secure additional reviewers if necessary
      • provide authors with official acceptance letters and final proofs of their manuscripts and copyright agreements for approval
      • format manuscripts according to publication template for articles
      • maintain a master file of completed copyright agreements

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic