5788RE: Intro to Health Comm

  • vyonaooro
    Oct 8, 2013

      Dear Vern,

      You can use the book Health Communication from Theory to Practice by Renata Schiavo

      aditionally check out the CDC website they have a lot on Health Communication.

      I have a course outline i could share but i am not able to attach files to this eamil.

      Kind regards,

      Vyona Ooro

      ---In americancomm@yahoogroups.com, <americancomm@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I have the pleasure of teaching an Intro to Health Comm Undergraduate 300/400 level.  Do any of my friends out here have any suggested texts and or syllabi?

      Vern

      “Each of us is in essence like a rubber band ball. Culture is developed as if adding one rubber band after another. Some rubber bands are wide and comforting; some are thin, tight and painful, with a variety of sizes in-between adding to the construction. Each new rubber band changes the mass, density and dimension of the ball and how it will react to outside stimuli, just as the layers of culture change how we as humans react to situations.”

      Vernon F. Humphrey
      706.329.7960
      188 Paige Drive
      Mauk, GA 31058