      From: J. Thompson Biggers <BIGGERS_JT@...>
      To: "americancomm@yahoogroups.com" <americancomm@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:16 PM
      Subject: RE: [americancomm] WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE COMMUNICATION AND CORRESPONDENCE ?

      I really enjoyed this.  Well done.

      From: americancomm@yahoogroups.com [mailto:americancomm@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Amanda Ambrus
      Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:55 AM
      To: americancomm@yahoogroups.com

      In my understanding, Correspondence is a manifestation of communication. It is an external action of the communication process. Correspondence is the tangible action of the intended message. (A person who delivers correspondence is a correspondent). It does not have to be written, the message simply needs an intended recipient to make it correspondence. Communication on the other hand can be in fact internal or external while my understanding is that correspondence must have an intended external recipient and be a tangible action.

      Also communication places emphasis on the message itself while correspondence is more the action of delivering the message.

      See what else others can add to this :)

      Amanda Ambrus

      To: americancomm@yahoogroups.com
      From: theng.inyen@...
      Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 10:30:46 +0700

      I will try to share my opinion, not because I know better, but because by this I can re-check whether my understanding is close to right or not, especially with the so many communication experts here. :)

      In my opinion, correspondence refers to communication by letters (written communication), whereas communication can take place in more general ways, both verbally and non-verbally. Thus, I think correspondence is one way of communicating,

      Please forgive me if I'm wrong.. :)

      On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM, bharat <bharatmetaliya@...> wrote:

      Dear Members,

      Generally, we come across the Two wards namely, communication and correspondence.
      But,many a time, many people can not differentiate between the two.So please, give your comment on the Subject.

      Regards,

      Bharat Metaliya

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic