5062Position Announcement - University of Nevada, Reno

  • James L Owen
    Apr 2, 2012
      UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA, RENO
      POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
      (Beginning fall 2012)

      The University of Nevada, Reno invites applications for the position of Lecturer in Communication Studies. We seek a candidate who specializes in public campaigns, deliberation, small-group decision making, political communication, argumentation, leadership, or persuasion to teach 4 courses per semester in our Public Advocacy and Civic Engagement track. This annually renewable position is contingent on funding for up to three years. Preference will be given to applicants who hold the Ph.D. degree in Speech Communication or Communication Studies at the time of application (ABDs will be considered). Some service duties required. Research for publication is preferred but not required. An interest in creating learning environments for diverse populations is desirable. UNR is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, teaching philosophy, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three references electronically by April 12, 2012. For further information and to apply please visit https://www.unrsearch.com/postings/10523/

      Civility is not a sign of weakness; a lack of civility is not a sign of strength