4914CFP: ACJ Special Issue

  • A. Douai
    Oct 25, 2011

      CFP: ACJ Special Issue

       Centennial Reflections: Marshall McLuhan’s Legacy and Media Studies

      Marshall McLuhan's is best known for his well-known piercing and provocative statements such as our world has effectively become a “global village” and that the medium is the message/massage. In celebration of his trailblazing work, several conferences are being held around the world on how McLuhan’s writings have informed and influenced media studies. The American Communication Journal (ACJ) welcomes original submissions for a special issue on Marshall McLuhan’s legacy and thought that deal with this general question: How has McLuhan's legacy influenced media studies, particularly our understanding of the impact of new media on society?

      ACJ Editors seek manuscripts that tackle this question from diverse methodologies and perspectives.  While we are especially interested in papers that have been presented in recent conferences about McLuhan, all submissions will be peer-reviewed. For any inquiries about potential submissions, please contact Prof. Aziz Douai (azizdouai@...). Deadline for Submission is November 30th, 2011. Please send your submissions to Anita McDaniel [mcdaniela@...] and Aziz Douai [azizdouai@...] with the subject line [ACJ Special Issue: McLuhan].

      About ACJ:  ACJ is the official peer-reviewed journal of the American Communication Association.  Although ACJ publishes traditional research regularly, ACJ actively seeks articles, essays and reports that make use of hypertext, audio, video and PowerPoint–features characteristic of the media rich environment of the Internet.  ACJ has been published online since 1999 [ac-journal.org].

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic