456Re: [americancomm] Re: to Myrene and list...

  • Ty Adams
    May 1, 2006

      I guess for me one *can* do an informative without being *openly* persuasive.

      While I agree that there are inherent rhetorical arguments being made with the selection of information that goes into an informative speech, the distinction for me comes in the "call to action" traditionally placed at the end of a persuasive speech.

      Now, if the debate is that everything *is* rhetoric or, at least, rhetorically-charged, I'll grant the position.  I agree with you when you say that informative speeches are, indeed, persuasive (in a way).

      Ty Adams
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic