4410Re: [americancomm] Happy New Year ACA!

    Jan 1, 2011
      Thanks to you too, Doug! The year ahead sounds exciting. Happy New Year!

      --- On Sat, 1/1/11, Doug Picirillo <dpicirillo@...> wrote:

      From: Doug Picirillo <dpicirillo@...>
      Subject: [americancomm] Happy New Year ACA!
      To: americancomm@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 9:50 AM

      Happy New Year!  Thank you all for your membership in the American Communication Association.  2010 was a very good year.  President Ellen Taricani, Executive Director Phil Auter, the whole Board of Directors and, all of you, the participating members created some great successes that we can build on in 2011.

      In the weeks and months ahead, we have a tremendous opportunity to grow an even more enriching and engaged community of scholars and practitioners.  We will work together to make it happen through our on-line channels and resources, face-to-face events and in ways that we have not yet imagined.

      Thank you, Ellen Taricani, for your service as President in 2010, Phil Auter for your service as Executive Director in 2010, continuing in 2011.  Thank you all board members, officers and other active members for all that you have done and for your continued service in the new year.  Above all, thank you all for the opportunity to serve as President of this association in the coming months. I am really looking forward to all that we can accomplish together.

      Here again are the officers for 2011:

      Phil Auter, Executive Director
      Doug Picirillo, President
      Jim Parker, Vice President
      Vernon Humphrey, CFO
      Myrene Magabo, Secretary
      John Malala, CIO
      Anita McDaniel, ACJ Editor

      ACJ Associate Editors:
      Dr. Aziz Douai, University of Ontario Institute of Technology
      Dr. John Malala, University of Central Florida

      With sincere best wishes for a marvelous 2011,
      Doug Picirillo
      ACA President

      Our online home: http://americancomm.org/
      The American Communication Journal: http://acjournal.org/