4155Re: Are new communication tools changing old communication theory?

  • sk3vld
    Oct 1, 2010
      Hi Everyone,
      Someone asked the question, Do we need to redefine friendships and such? I don't think so. However, I do not think that form the life time friends that we used too. Facebook is great for keeping up with old friends and family, but in a social way. I do not think it is a good idea to put personal information out there that you do not want the whole world to know.
      Ellen, I completely agree with what you said. I have friends and family that will not set up a facebook page, because they don't feel safe in doing so. I don't post personal information out there, but I will post "stupid" things like, "It feels like Monday, can it be Friday yet?" or I had a really great interview today, hopefully, I end up with a job from it! I do not put my "diary" out there.
      As far as friendships go. I have made new friends on facebook. We were friends on there for a long time and finally got to meet in person a few weeks ago at the American Legion National Convention. It was great because got to skip all of the new friend things that people go through and sit and laugh and had great conversations.
      My belief is that as long as you are careful about what you post, then things like facebook can be great fun.
      I hope this makes some sense.
      Tori