156Re: [americancomm] debate over CV length

  • John Malala
    Oct 1, 2005
      It's a CV, not a resume. That's why longer is better. The search committee wants to know more about your expertise, teaching, and research. I have now shortened mine to 10 pages but with an explanation in the end stating what is not included.

      Regards,

      John.

      =======Automatic Signature========
      Prof. John N. Malala, PhD; ED.S; MSMC.; B.S.; A.S.
      also
      Media Convergence Initiative, P.I.
      Editor, The Great Lakes Research Journal
      Radio-Television Division
      University of Central Florida
      P.O. Box 161344
      Orlando, FL 32816-1344
      Telephone: 407-823-2840
      Websites:
      http://www.tv.ucf.edu
      http://www.tv.ucf.edu/john
      http://www.glrj.com
      >>> pja8134@... 09/30/05 2:24 PM >>>
      Hello All:

      My colleague Ty Adams and I have a debate going over what looks better
      when applying for an academic job. Assuming one's curriculum vitae is
      not padded with fudged items, is it better to have a longer one or a
      shorter one? (In academic lengths.) Is there a commonly expected
      length for an aspiring assistant professor? Associate? Full? What do you
      think?

      Thanks,
      Phil

      Philip J. Auter, Ph.D.