1380RE: [americancomm] Citizendium

  • Bell, Debbie A.
    Jun 8, 2007
      Count me in!  Thanks

      From: americancomm@yahoogroups.com [mailto:americancomm@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jacob F. Roecker
      Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 9:13 AM
      To: americancomm@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [americancomm] Citizendium

      Hey there everyone:

      I've been contributing to an online project that I think some of you may
      be interested in--and since this group hasn't done a whole lot of
      talking recently--I figured this email might get things going.

      Wikipedia has been contended as a valid reference when doing research
      because anyone can edit the site. The problem with wikipedia is the
      lack of oversight. Larry Sanger, one of the founders of wikipedia, has
      decided to fix the problem. He's generated a new wiki called
      citizendium and needs people to start producing, reviewing, and editing
      the articles that appear on the new site.

      Professors and professionals act as reviewers to verify the validity of
      the articles that get contributed. Since this yahoo group has several
      professors and professionals I figured it's worth letting you know that
      it exists.

      the url is: http://en.citizendi um.org/wiki/ Main_Page and it only
      takes a minute to request a logon and begin contributing.

      Well, I hope some of you are interested in helping.

      Thanks!

      -Jacob Roecker

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic