The Grass against my naked body in a field of Blackberries . . .

  • Logos Formont Calamus
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2008
      Hellow everyone ! ( To thoes yet to join ? ) Really disapointed
      that a group for my Mentor is so vacant. However . . . It might be my
      humble post that may attract others. So, I think it may be my
      obligation to say something I hope of interest to encourage some
      dialog here.

      My younger life was I truly believe a parallel to Whitman's life. I
      was born in the Cooper Hospital in Camden just a few blocks from his
      house. I discovered Whitman at about 18 while sitting on the park
      bench reading in the French Quarter in New Oleans. I had just run
      away from home, Camden, and as I read his journals the discriptions of
      places and things he found and did were so parallel to my own, I
      immediately felt a spirituality more than a coincidence.

      As I walked home that evening downriver on Royal Street, I
      fantasized that perhaps he had steped on the same sidwalk stones where
      I walked. I remember turning the corner on Rue Toulouse to stop in The
      Gumbo Shop, ordered coffee and continued reading and discovering new
      parallels . . . (The coffee shop I found out was there at the time
      Whitman was) more, more and more !

      I will try to come back often to check. If you are reading this,
      please join and we all might begin sharing Whitman !

      Logos / Puerto Rico
    • Ron Criss
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2008
        Logos,

        Good to hear from you! Yeah, Whitman should be more popular. Have you
        seen the Library of America edition of his works? I think you'd like
        it.

        Ron

        --- In americanbard@yahoogroups.com, "Logos Formont Calamus"