American Bard

  • rbtgshaw
    Message 1 of 7 , May 16, 2001
      Welcome to the Yahoo! Message Board for American Bard
    • rbtgshaw
      Message 2 of 7 , May 17, 2001
        All,<br><br>Well I just recently "discovered" the
        works of Whitman. I've read some of the works of
        Emerson and Thoreau, so, of course, I'd heard of him, and
        always intended to grab "Leaves of Grass" when I
        discovered it (cheap) in a nice edition. Well my favorite
        publisher is the Library of America. The quality of their
        books is amazing! The best I've ever seen! I've got
        Thurber, Flannery O'Connor, etc in LoA editions already.
        Anyway, I was browsing through a local book store when I
        found the LoA edition of "Whitman". It was 35 bucks,
        but very nice! So I grabbed it! After that I went to
        a used bookstore and found the bio "Walt Whitman:
        The Song of Himself" and bought that too. <br><br>So
        now I'm reading the "Preface" to "Leaves" and finding
        it very interesting! More as I read!<br><br>~RGS~
      • whitman_log
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 9, 2001
          Are you still there?<br><br>Robin
        • rbtgshaw
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2001
          • diamond_boy71
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
              I am interested in learning more about Whitman. I
              love his poetry, esp. "O Captain, my Captain" and
              "When Lilacs last in the dooryard
              bloomed"...<br><br>RGS, perhaps you can tell me the author of that bio of
              WW that you have....I would be interested in
              ordering it.<br><br>I really need to purchase another copy
              of "Leaves of Grass"..... the Oxford series is good
              in paperback.<br><br>DB
            • akashps2000
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 9, 2002
              • soundchickpoet
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 30, 2002
                  Hello all! I have just joined this club and may I say the pleasure is all mine. -Robin J