83Re: [American Bard] Whitman's journals / search

  • Dan Osterman
    Jun 17, 2008
      Thanks! I used to be in newspapers in Boston and Worcester here in Mass, but with only a smattering of real design work- much grunt production- always wanted to do more in illustration but haven't found a way in yet... where did you work Ron? -Dan

      Nice! I used to be a graphic designer/illustrato r myself.

      Ron

      --- In americanbard@ yahoogroups. com, Dan Osterman
      <dan_illustration@ ...> wrote:

      > Two images of Walt Whitman by me now posted in photos file. -Dan
      > ===
      >

      > Dan,
      >
      > Do you have some titles for those tv movies? The name Rpi Torn
      pulls
      > up 15 pages of movies at amazon.com, but the only one that looks
      like
      > the right time period is "Blue and Gray".
      >
      > Ron
      >
      > --- In americanbard@ yahoogroups. com, Dan Osterman
      > <dan_illustration@ ...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Rip Torn did two tv movies based on W's life. Very well presented
      > and probably available on E-Bay. I'm just saying that there isn't
      > that much good info on his newspaper work even though he was in in
      > for 15 + years. There are no diaries about it. His civil war
      nursing
      > exp is full of good drama, but he kept much of it private. There is
      > alot of good info, but much extrapolation must be done for it to be
      > effective. Sorry if I d came off like a carmudgeon. -Dan
      > >
      > > Dan Osterman
      > > 249 A Street #52
      > > Boston, MA 02210
      > > 617-348-9206
      > > danosterman. com

      It's
      > his
      > > poetry that is exciting (at least the first edition) and we like
      > > think of him as a free spirit, but sometimes I wonder... -Dan
      > > >
      > > > Dan Osterman
      > > > 249 A Street #52
      > > > Boston, MA 02210
      > > > 617-348-9206