76Re: [American Bard] Whitman's journals / search

  • Ron Criss
    Jun 14, 2008
      Personally I think that Whitman's life is very interesting. His
      expereince with the newspaper business and printing, the NYC of his
      time, his historical milieu and, especially, his involvement with the
      Civil War. Certainly not an action story, but somebody could do a
      good drama based on it.

      Ron

      --- In americanbard@yahoogroups.com, Dan Osterman
      <dan_illustration@...> wrote:

      > truth? I think at bottom Whitman as a person is Not that
      interesting. He could be dramatized and all kinds of things done in a
      movie, but he resists much solid interpretation, though he has a
      multitude of interpretations, depending on the "enthusiast". It's his
      poetry that is exciting (at least the first edition) and we like to
      think of him as a free spirit, but sometimes I wonder... -Dan

      > Dan Osterman
      > 249 A Street #52
      > Boston, MA 02210
      > 617-348-9206