67Re: [American Bard] Essential Walt Whitman

  • Ron Criss
    Jun 11, 2008
      Dan,

      Yeah, I'm the founder and moderator. I'm probably not the most expert
      devotee, but I didn't see a good Whitman Yahoo group so I decided to
      found one. These groups are an excellent format for discussion.
      Hopefully we can get a steady conversation going and coax out the
      other members!

      Ron

      --- In americanbard@yahoogroups.com, Dan Osterman
      <dan_illustration@...> wrote:

      > Then it was recorded originally in the 60's - I know I came across
      it when I was dj'ing at a "community" radio station (non-commercial)
      in 1985 or so. No spammer here ... you are the founder of the list?
      I've been out of the loop on books about Walt for about 10 years, I
      quit collecting with Loving's bio from the nineties. I gave a bunch
      of stuff pertaining to Oscar Lion, a NY'er who was Whitman's first
      big "whitmania" collector. -Dan
      > ===
      >

      > Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:42:14 PM
      > Subject: Re: [American Bard] Essential Walt Whitman
      >

      > Dan,
      >
      > That makes sense. I noted that Ed Begley Sr died in 1970. But its
      > about time that some of Walt's stuff became available on CD. Should
      > be good for the road! I've been looking for something like thisfor
      > while. As much as I like the Hampson CD its hard to understand all
      > the words.
      >
      > Have you purchased the book "Worshipping Walt" yet? I've been
      tempted
      > but always had another book I wanted more.
      >
      > BTW, I took you off moderation. I usually moderate the first few
      > posts to make sure new members are no spammers.
      >
      > Ron
      >
      > --- In americanbard@ yahoogroups. com, Dan Osterman
      > <dan_illustration@ ...> wrote:
      > >
      > > It is good - I think recorded in mid/late seventies originally on
      > vinyl. I am a new member here! -Dan
      > > =====
      > >

      > > Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:25:15 PM
      > > Subject: [American Bard] Essential Walt Whitman
      > >

      > > "Essential Walt Whitman" on CD has finally been published and is
      > > available. I got a copy from Borders. I haven't opened my copy
      yet,
      > but
      > > it should be good, read by Ed Begley Sr. I don't believe there
      are
      > any
      > > other audio CDs of Whitman's poetry being read other than the
      sung
      > > versions by Thomas Hampson on his CD "To the Soul", which is also
      > worth
      > > having. Here's the info on "Essential Walt Whitman":
      > >
      > > Audio CD
      > > Publisher: Caedmon; Unabridged edition (June 3, 2008)
      > > Language: English
      > > ISBN-10: 0061566411
      > > ISBN-13: 978-0061566417
      > >
      > > Ron