Public Appeal for Support

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2005
      Dear Everybody:

      American Antigravity is transforming itself into a non-profit organization
      to better serve the needs of the online AG & alt-science communities. We're
      already incorporated as a 501c3, but in order to meet the tax requirements
      we must hire a firm to complete our 1023 paper before becoming tax-exempt.

      I'm asking for support from the community to put together the required
      $1,500 USD to meet the fees for the IRS.

      If you can contribute to this fund, please call me at 425-260-4175 or
      respond via my personal email at tventura6@... for additional
      information.

      Also, please note that this would not be an investment, and it would not be
      a tax-deductible donation (as that is precisely why we have to pay the IRS).

      My goal as a non-profit is to gradually expand news coverage & begin
      financing some of the more promising experiments & inventors that we've all
      been discussing for several years. However, I cannot solicit for donations
      on-air or in print until we have filed our 1023 paperwork, which has become
      a bit of a catch-22. Upon filing, there is a window until the paperwork is
      validated in which we can collect donations, but cannot spend them until IRS
      approval. However, I believe that our case is compelling enough to build
      public interest in a manner similar to the X-Prize contest.

      Mobile: 425-260-4175