#### American Antigravity -- Centrifugal Tech & BEC-Antigravity ####

  • tventura6@attbi.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2003
      Dear Group:

      I've posted two new pages online at the AAG site -- one for the Vortex-
      Thruster experimentation that I've been doing and a second for the Bose-
      Einstein Condensate & Plasma experiments that Gravity Control Technologies in
      Hungary has been working on.

      VORTEX THRUSTER:
      I know that I sound like a broken record to keep talking about the vortex-
      thruster idea, but something about the idea of centrifugal fans has always
      intrigued me. They don't really cut the air like a propeller -- they more or
      less throw it out of the way like a blender, and this bulk-form of moving air
      has some aesthetic as well as functional appeal.

      I've been pricing micro-turbine engines online lately -- fun to play with, and
      an obvious possibility for generating the high-voltages for Lifters and *LOTS*
      of other little toys that I could build. If you've ever looked these up,
      you'll soon realize that they're well out of the price range of mere-mortals --
      starting about about $1500 and rapidly moving into the $3000 range for even a
      model aircraft system! Looks like I'll have to win the lottery before I take
      up microturbines as a hobby ...

      In comparison, centrifugal fans are cheap -- dirt cheap, in fact. In case
      you're not sure what a centrifugal fan is, they're what drives your vacuum-
      cleaner, leaf-blower, air-conditioner, and a hundred other types of air-moving
      equipment. They're used in industry because they're easy to design,
      inexpensive, and they get a lot of bang for the buck in terms of power.

      The idea behind the Vortex-Thruster is that centrifugal fans can be used to
      create an artificial tornado in a vehicle application. This was the work of
      Mikhail Goldshtik, a Russian immigrant-scientist to the United States started
      the University of Houston's Vortex-Thruster project in the 1990's. His ideas
      were based on work with rotating fluid-flow systems conducted in Russia that
      he brought with him to the states, and he was the central figure behind the
      University of Houston's Vortex-Thruster project.

      Unofortunately, it appears that Goldshtik passed away from age-related illness
      in 1997, and the University has since taken the Vortex-technologies site
      offline. Through the miracle of "The Wayback Machine", I've been able to dig
      up the site's 2000-year archived copy for reference material, and cite it on
      the American Antigravity Vortex Thruster page.

      What makes the Vortex-Thruster so interesting to me is:

      1. Unlike jet-engines, the vortex-technology functions better at low-speeds
      and altitudes, much like a helicopter. However, since it doesn't have a rotor,
      its much better suited to city use, in a point-to-point transportation role.

      2. The Vortex-Thruster is much more efficient than helicopter and aircraft
      technology. Goldshtik estimated that a 1-meter vortex-assembly could lift up
      to 4-tons of weight, and could be up to 20-times more efficient than a jet-
      turbine.

      3. The direction of thrust in the vortex-thruster is the same as the direction
      of airflow. That is, the air flows in a reverse manner throughout the system
      (from the vehicle's side or bottom up to beneath the rotor) and is then pushed
      out over an airfoil through centrifugal acceleration.

      In my own experimentation, I've already seen the point that Goldshtik was
      making -- I've built and have been experimenting with an electric version of
      his idea, and the air does indeed create thrust despite flowing backwards
      through the system. This is the result of a vortex-cone being formed in the
      air during operation -- I believe that with a bit more work I can greatly
      capitalize on this to get better results.

      Here's the URL:
      http://www.americanantigravity.com/vortexthruster.html

      GRAVITY CONTROL TECHNOLOGIES:

      Robert Chambers from BAE told me that this Hungarian startup is connected with
      the Firmage ISSO company, so I took the opportunity to check out their site
      and ended up creating a page for them on mine.

      GCT is working with ultra low-temperature atomic clouds, Bose-Einstein
      Condensates, and mercury-plasma vapor chambers to try and create a spin-effect
      on the atomic level to parallel the work that Podkletnov has done with
      superconductors. If successful, their results should be more profound than
      Podkletnov's were in that they hope to heft several grams of weight
      immediately, and then rapidly move up to larger payloads.

      While the idea of Antigravity in a refrigerator doesn't immediately sound
      appealing, it is of interest to note that their approach has intuitive
      connections to a variety of concepts that have been available for some time,
      such as:

      Plasma Antigravity: The idea of using mercury vapor plasmas to conduct
      electrical current is one that has been kicking around the UFO community for
      quite some time. One of the prototypes that's been discussed is supposed to
      use a high-temperature mercury-plasma to conduct an enormous current in a
      circular fashion, which then creates an Antigravity effect.

      It's interesting to note that the plasma vapor UFO is supposed to be a "human-
      built" device -- the rumor mill has it that if ET exists they're using
      something more advanced than this... perhaps the fabled Element 115
      (Unobtainium) :o)

      Bose-Einstein Condensates: Victor sent me a minor correction for some of the
      text on the page that while BEC's play a role in the GCT system they aren't
      necessarily the only element. The possibility of BEC's playing a role in
      Antigravity is an interesting idea -- these are apparently the new "5th state"
      of matter. In a BEC, a cloud of atoms is refrigerated to the point where they
      basically lose all of their molecular energy.

      Apparently, since everything in nature has at least a tiny little bit of
      atomic vibration on a normal basis, BEC's break the rule enough that they take
      on some interesting properties, such as the entire cloud of atoms behaving as
      if it was one single really-big atom.

      I'm not well-versed in the physics behind BEC's, so other than somebody
      telling me that 3-dimensional objects are supposed to exist in 4-d space I
      don't want to get in over my head on that subject without more research. The
      explanation that I heard was that with so little energy available, it would
      appear that BEC's don't exist in exactly the same dimensions that normal space
      does, which is one reason why their properties are so strange. Another
      explanation is that the electron orbits get "smeared" all over in-between
      different atoms, which makes the behave as a connected entity in a new manner.

      Anyhow, GCT has a real understanding of BEC physics, which means that if you
      want to learn about how they BEC's really behave you should check out my page
      and then visit their site online, instead of just reading the technical
      goobleygoop that I've been babbling on about.

      Rotating Magnetic Fields: Victor's indicated that based on the GCT work,
      rotating magnetic fields are the way to go for large-scale Antigravity
      effects. Instead of simply using a rotating coil apparatus like the Marcus
      device or Searle, GCT wants to capitalize on rotation and spin on an atomic
      level -- making all of those tiny billiard-balls roll in the same direction to
      create a net spin effect.

      That's not to say that the Marcus device and other more conventional methods
      of creating rotating magnetic fields don't work, its just that the physics
      (despite being incredibly arcane) is much more defined for BEC's than for what
      Marcus and others have been working with. Victors impression is that Marcus
      results may be a "shadow effect" of the real potential of rotational magnetism
      with relation to Antigravity.

      The URL is:
      http://www.americanantigravity.com/gctspace.com

      Thanks again, and I will continue to research the vortex-technology on my own
      for the time being to learn more about how it works. I've been cutting out
      foam-airfoils and airflow-enhancers for the apparatus that I've constructed,
      and I hope to have some good video for you in the near future.

      For the time being, I've connected the output of a leaf-blower to a vacuum-
      cleaner motor to try and pump air underneath the vacuum-impeller's blades, as
      indicated on the UH Vortex-tech page. This is already providing initial
      results, and I can see the beginnings of a defined vortex during operation,
      but its still too early to capture meaningful data in video.