American Antigravity Website Updates

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2002
      Tuesday - May 14th:
      I've added two new pages to the American Antigravity website, at http://www.americanantigravity.com
      Betavoltaics -- The Betavoltaics page is a brief overview of the concept power-supply that could provide the perfect source of high-voltage, high-current electricity for the Lifter. Betavoltaics capitalize on a method of electronically "pumping" a beta-decay isotope to obtain a steady, high-output electrical current. The output can be designed for the type of power required -- anywhere from 5 to 5 million volts. In the case of Betavoltaic designs, it is easier and more cost effective to go straight for the high-voltage output at 100kV and 500mA current.
      Betavoltaics are currently in the final design phase, and await testing when venture capital becomes available for the company. The betavoltaic design offers not only a continuous-draw of high-voltage current for close to 30 years, but the method of electronically pumping the isotope ensures that there is no contamination after the supply is fully discharged. The resulting spent power-cell is then completely inert, and shielded from the environment by a thick epoxy coating.
      Applied Electrogravitics -- I've added the Applied Electrogravitics page to get some exposure for the enormous 6-foot lifters being constructed by Russell Anderson in Pennsylvania. Russell's designs are unique in that he believes a single large lifting cell is the best approach to the task of obtaining optimum thrust, and he is currently conducting testing into even larger and more advanced designs.
      Russell may be on to something -- his latest 6-foot prototype weighs 42 grams and uses approximately 47 watts of electricity (1.35 mA at 35kV).
      The video clips that I posted for Applied Electrogravitics include two fog-test video clips in which he demonstrates the airflow surrounding the lifter during flight. Tests like these have been sorely lacking in the Lifter community and I am glad that he is finally conducting them.