Current Events

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2006
      Hi Everybody --

      I'd like to say thanks to everyone for the outstanding response that we had
      on Saturday night to our test & setup show for the Energetic Garage webcast.
      Even without well publicizing the event, and certainly without much planning
      beforehand, we had a sizeable audience tuning in, and some great call-ins
      from Brian Feeney, Richard C. Hoagland, John Hutchison, and Bill Alek.

      We're planning to officially launch the show next Monday, and I'm going to
      begin booking guests this week. Our goal is to provide a stable daily
      environment for community interaction, as well as provide an interactive
      forum for energy & space news and current events.

      As for American Antigravity, I think that we're up to something like 25
      video-clips online, all in Windows Media format, and I have several more to
      add in the near future. Additionally, I hope to add a variety of new
      materials at this year's STAIF conference, to hopefully provide some
      additional insight into the papers & concepts being presented there, or at
      least present a different perspective on all this material.

      I just received another follow-up from one of the event planners that we
      contacted last year about setting up a BPP / AG conference. It's a good
      idea, but one that we've neglected due to the growing popularity of the
      STAIF Conference. Is STAIF going to become our central community gathering
      to bring everyone together in one place? If so, then we should promote that
      as being our primary forum to bring the community together, and perhaps work
      a bit more on adding some additional post-conference events to engage the
      larger community who might be interested in attending but not presenting
      formal papers.

      This year, that means a post-conference get together at Richard C.
      Hoagland's house on the 17th or 18th to talk about community leadership. If
      you're interested in attending, it may require bumping your airline & hotel
      a day further out in Albuquerque.

      Finally, since everybody's probably read the recent New Scientist article on
      Heim Theory, I thought that it would be interesting to reflect on the
      general scientific ignorance about this theory conveyed by the authors. I
      think that we can take from this the idea that for whatever reason, these
      hyperdimensional theories of physics truly are uncharted territory for new
      ideas, but also that we as a community can provide a valuable service to the
      larger scientific community by providing educational materials to help
      science better understand the concepts that these theories express.

      From what I've seen, the better part of the aerospace industry is bored with
      the status quo, and open to new & innovative ideas for the future of the
      industry. Nick Cook has elaborated on this point, suggesting that it may be
      the only way to attract new blood to an aging industry. Given the sharp rise
      in BPP interest over the last few years, even despite the financial
      constraints imposed by our economy and troubles in the middle east, it bodes
      well for the future of the space-industry in general to see so many people
      getting involved with previously undervalued approaches to innovative
      technologies.

      I repeatedly hear comments about the patent office nearly being closed in
      the 19th century because they believed that all the innovative ideas had
      already been found: most people focus on this as being ignorance in the
      period, but I'd like to focus on the fact that this plateau in the
      technology of the day didn't last very long. Similarly, I suspect that what
      we currently see as a type of stagnation in science only serves to set the
      stage for breakthroughs so profound that they're difficult to imagine today,
      but will be looked back upon as the foundation for a new technology in the
      decades to come. After all, the history of the 20th century is finished--
      opening a blank page to begin writing the history of a new century in the
      process.

      <BLOCKED::http://www.americanantigravity.com/>
      tventura6@... <BLOCKED::mailto:tventura6@...>