Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Notebooks on board for SM electrical wireing

  • Erick MEJEAN
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 11:31 PM
      Hi Stephan.
      The cheapest and probaly most efficient way in terms of output is to use a
      DC/DC converter from Targus ( http://www.targus.com ).
      Input is between 8 to 16V and output will be according to your computer as
      long as you pick the right model.
      You will get the 12V DC from the existing 12 v socket. This 12V comes from
      the DC/DC adaptor feeding the B&G Hydra centrale. This will spare you the
      use of a converter which will defenitely have a higher current consumption.
      I used to use a converter but I swich to this Targus DC/DC adaptor and I
      find it much beter and convenient
      Best regards
      Erick MEJEAN