Mango 46 vs. Mango 48.5

  • Howard Berger
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
      Hello, everyone, my name is Howard Berger. I'm new to the group. My
      wife Lynda and I haved looked at a Maramu 46 (the best open cockpit
      I've ever seen in a boat) which we're considering purchasing, but I've
      just become aware that Amel also produced this model as a "48.5". The
      Amel site only lists the specs for the 46.

      Could someone please tell me what the differences are between the two?
      I assume they added length in the ends, but did they increase the
      beam as well?

      Best regards,
      HB
    • Howard Berger
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
        --- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Howard Berger"
        <svresolute@...> wrote:

        > Hello, everyone, my name is Howard Berger. I'm new to the group. My
        > wife Lynda and I haved looked at a Maramu 46 (the best open cockpit
        > I've ever seen in a boat) which we're considering purchasing, but I've
        > just become aware that Amel also produced this model as a "48.5". The
        > Amel site only lists the specs for the 46.
        >
        > Could someone please tell me what the differences are between the two?
        > I assume they added length in the ends, but did they increase the
        > beam as well?
        >
        > Best regards,
        > HB

        Hello, again.

        Sorry for the confusion in the Subject line. I meant Maraumu, not
        Mango. And looking through prior posts, it appears that the 46 and
        the 48 are the same size (13.8 meters).

        I wonder where the "48" moniker came from. Possibly LOA, including
        bow rollers.
      • billklein48
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
          I don't have info on the Mango, But I have a Maramu for sale and I do
          have the specs available for this. Bill Klein

          <svresolute@...> wrote:

          > --- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Howard Berger"
          > <svresolute@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello, everyone, my name is Howard Berger. I'm new to the
          group. My
          > > wife Lynda and I haved looked at a Maramu 46 (the best open
          cockpit
          > > I've ever seen in a boat) which we're considering purchasing, but
          I've
          > > just become aware that Amel also produced this model as
          a "48.5". The
          > > Amel site only lists the specs for the 46.
          > >
          > > Could someone please tell me what the differences are between the
          two?
          > > I assume they added length in the ends, but did they increase the
          > > beam as well?
          > >
          > > Best regards,
          > > HB
          > >
          > Hello, again.
          >
          > Sorry for the confusion in the Subject line. I meant Maraumu, not
          > Mango. And looking through prior posts, it appears that the 46 and
          > the 48 are the same size (13.8 meters).
          >
          > I wonder where the "48" moniker came from. Possibly LOA, including
          > bow rollers.

        • Howard Berger
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2007
            Hi, Bill. Where's your boat located? Could you send me the details:
            @ svresolute@....

            Thanks,
            Howard
            --- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "billklein48" <sidecar1@...>