Quick water heaters, Magnesium anodes

  • John and Anne on Bali Hai
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hello Paul,
      I have just realised that you are writing about a Quick water heater
      and thus the same as mine. If you put in my subject as above in this
      sites search facility you should see the earlier stuff. You will find
      some pics in the Bali Hai changes photo album and more info in old
      messages 1126-1130 and 1764. I think I did another posting which I
      cannot find which said that after changing the anode the hot water was
      a bit like carbonated water until the new anode presumably expired
      after a couple of months.
      It is hard to see from my pics but I am pretty sure that the anode
      fits or screws into a fitting next to the hot water take off pipe. If
      like me you want to make sure of reconnecting correctly take some pics
      to improve your chances before you disassemble things!
      The makers website is www.quickitaly.com/ENG/framedownload.htm
      I have not opened the heater since but hope that it is not so badly
      scaled up as I have not been taking on mains water and that watermaker
      product is lime scale free...hope springs eternal in the mind of a
      lazy man.

      Good luck, Anne and John, SM 319