Re: size of masthead sheaves and mainhalyard for SM 2000

  • amelliahona
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
      --- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Seidel" <mseidel@...> wrote:
      >I recently needed to know the diameter of the jib sheets. A quick email to Olivier Beaute,
      After Sales Service at amel@... yielded a prompt reply with the specifics for my Serial
      Number boat. I recommend that you send Olivier an email. I konw that this yahoo site will
      strip out the above email address so if you don't know amel.s email address go to their web
      site at amel.fr and get it there or email me personally and I will give it to you.

      Gary Silver

      > I have to replace the mainhalyard on my sm#349. The prior owner had cut off the majority
      of the halyard and it is hooked to a slide on a t-track on the mast. The halyard is less than
      7/16 inches?!. DOes anyone know the sheeve size for the main halyard and the proper diam.
      of the original or recommended halyard? Thanks, murray seidel
      "Sundance" sm 349

    • eric
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
        Hi,
        Your main halyard is rigged properly. There is a matching piece of line
        that attaches to the mainsail halyard car and is used to loosen or tighten
        the halyard via a winch. There is no extra line on the halyard. Look in the
        owners manual you will se how this works

        This is the info on the halyard from the factory.
        mainsail halyard : diameter 10 mm, length 17.20 meters, quality : Vectran

        Fair Winds,
        Eric
        Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

        >I recently needed to know the diameter of the jib sheets. A quick email to
        Olivier Beaute,
        After Sales Service at amel@... yielded a prompt reply with the
        specifics for my Serial
        Number boat. I recommend that you send Olivier an email. I konw that this
        yahoo site will
        strip out the above email address so if you don't know amel.s email address
        go to their web
        site at amel.fr and get it there or email me personally and I will give it
        to you.

        Gary Silver

        > I have to replace the mainhalyard on my sm#349. The prior owner had cut
        off the majority
        of the halyard and it is hooked to a slide on a t-track on the mast. The
        halyard is less than
        7/16 inches?!. DOes anyone know the sheeve size for the main halyard and the
        proper diam.
        of the original or recommended halyard?
        Thanks, murray seidel
        "Sundance" sm 349

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • eric
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
          Here are the mainsail and genoa dimensions for halyards and sheets : from
          the factory
          > mainsail halyard : diameter 10 mm, length 17.20 meters, quality : Vectran
          > mainsail sheet : diam. 14 mm, length 18 m, polyester
          > genoa halyard : diam. 12 mm, length 39 m, Vectran
          > genoa sheet : diam. 16 mm, length 42 m, polyester

          Fair Winds,
          Eric
          Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

          >I recently needed to know the diameter of the jib sheets. A quick email to
          Olivier Beaute,
          After Sales Service at amel@... yielded a prompt reply with the
          specifics for my Serial
          Number boat. I recommend that you send Olivier an email. I konw that this
          yahoo site will
          strip out the above email address so if you don't know amel.s email address
          go to their web
          site at amel.fr and get it there or email me personally and I will give it
          to you.

          Gary Silver

          > I have to replace the mainhalyard on my sm#349. The prior owner had cut
          off the majority
          of the halyard and it is hooked to a slide on a t-track on the mast. The
          halyard is less than
          7/16 inches?!. DOes anyone know the sheeve size for the main halyard and the
          proper diam.
          of the original or recommended halyard?
          Thanks, murray seidel
          "Sundance" sm 349