Half Hull Model of Super Maramu

  • closereach
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      We're thinking of having a half hull model built to mount on the main
      bulkhead in the saloon. Here's what we've found out:

      A traditional half hull model from www.halfhulls.com is US$445 plus
      S&H. Halfhull is 18" (45 cm) long mounted on a solid mahogany
      backboard 24" (61 cm) long. The price includes color matching the hull,
      bootstripe, cove stripe, and nonfouling bottom paint. One month to
      build.
      To add the cockpit and cabin, the price is US$990 plus S&H. Two months
      to build.
      For a full 2 foot long model with rigging (with custom display case)
      price is around US$8,000, and it'll take six to twelve months to build.
      If you're interested, contact: Jim Fraley (jimfraley@...).

      All the best to everyone,

      Richard Tate
      SM #5 Spice
    • Robin Cooter
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        AMEL produce half models for the Santorin so I would be fairly sure they produce one for the Super Maramu. Might be worth asking them for a price.

        Robin Cooter

        ---------------------------------

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
          closereach@... writes:

          A traditional half hull model from www.halfhulls.com is US$445 plus
          S&H. Halfhull is 18" (45 cm) long mounted on a solid mahogany
          backboard 24" (61 cm) long. The price includes color matching the hull,
          bootstripe, cove stripe, and nonfouling bottom paint. One month to
          build.
          To add the cockpit and cabin, the price is US$990 plus S&H. Two months
          to build.
          For a full 2 foot long model with rigging (with custom display case)
          price is around US$8,000, and it'll take six to twelve months to build.
          If you're interested, contact: Jim Fraley (jimfraley@...).

          All the best to everyone,

          Richard Tate
          SM #5 Spice

          GULP that sounds expensive cant you get the lines and make one yourself OR
          Does Amel not have half hull models?

          regards

          David