Amel Insurance

  • johnabo2003
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 26, 2006
      As a potential Amel Super Maramu owner I was horrified by the quote I
      received from Pantaenius to keep an Amel with a hull value of $420,000
      in the Texas Gulf coast.

      Can anybody recommend an insurer that provides reasonable rates for
      fair coverage - or a broker who provides good service?

      Regards
      John Abercrombie
    • eric
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 26, 2006
        What was the price of the policy and the navigation limits?
        Fair Winds,
        Eric
        Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

        As a potential Amel Super Maramu owner I was horrified by the quote I
        received from Pantaenius to keep an Amel with a hull value of $420,000
        in the Texas Gulf coast.

        Can anybody recommend an insurer that provides reasonable rates for
        fair coverage - or a broker who provides good service?

        Regards
        John Abercrombie

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Horst Pause
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 26, 2006
          Try Max Burgess Yachtmaster Insurance
          [enquiries@...], I found them to be the most
          suitable.

          Horst
          Maramu "Puddleduck"

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 26, 2006
            The quote was for $16,327
            Navagation limits were: Confined to Gulf coast and inland tributary
            of the United States between Carrabelle Florida and Brownsville Texas

          • dlm48@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 26, 2006
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 26, 2006
                Spencer Lloyd was recommended to me by Joel Potter.
                My premium is about 1/3 of yours for a 2002 Amel Super Maramu #376
                Kimberlite
                My cruising limits are east coast USA to Brownsville Texas, and the
                Caribbean to 7 degrees north including passages between N.Y. and the
                Caribbean.. Drop Spencer Lloyd a note and get a quote.
                Mention my name.
                Fair Winds,
                Eric Freedman
                Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

                Spencer's E-mail AWEICHER@...

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 27, 2006
                  Thanks for the information from everybody. I will contact the
                  recommendations and hopefully get a more realistic quote.

                  Regards
                  John

                • dlm48@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 27, 2006
                    no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

                    Thanks for the information from everybody. I will contact the
                    recommendations and hopefully get a more realistic quote.

                    Regards
                    John

                    AND let us know how you get on please spill the beans on the quotes you get

                    regards

                    David

                  • jrjrjrouse2000
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 31, 2006
                      John,
                      I'm surprised that you were even able to get a quote from Pantaenius
                      to keep the boat in Texas gulf coast year round. Last summer the
                      Pantaenius US branch told us that they would not even write a policy
                      covering a boat that would be within the hurricane box during season.

                      I obtained quotes from several companies for 400k & 430k hull values.
                      All of them actually were writing the same policy -- from Great Lakes
                      Reins (UK)PLC, except for IMIS Al Golden. IMIS writes the Jackline
                      Policy, which is the only insurance company that is US and would be
                      under the jurisdiction of US legal system. The Great Lakes policy
                      does not fall within the jurisdiction of US legal system should you
                      ever have a serious problem with them.

                      American Marine Insurance Services $6290 for 400k hull and 500k
                      liability; no coverage if within hurricane box during season. This
                      was also the same Great Lakes reinsurance policy. That policy has
                      huge (20%) depreciation clauses, so read it carefully if you go that
                      route.

                      C.A. Hansen in Ft. Lauderdale $6315 for 400k hull and 1M liability;
                      same Great Lakes policy.

                      Bluewater Ins would not quote that high a hull value; they limited to
                      350k.

                      I obtained several other quotes, but those are on my computer and are
                      not accessible at this time for me to share with you. (I am using a
                      friend's laptop to write this message) But all the quotes were within
                      the same price range.

                      We wrote with Al Golden at IMIS with the Jackline Policy. $5521 for
                      400k hull and 1M liability with the tender deductible reduced to 1k
                      deductible. Windstorm is not covered if we are within hurricane box
                      during season, but all other coverage still applies even if we are in
                      hurricane zone. No other policy offered this.

                      Judy
                      S/Y Security
                      SM2 #387

                      johnabo2003 <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                      > As a potential Amel Super Maramu owner I was horrified by the quote
                      > received from Pantaenius to keep an Amel with a hull value of
                      $420,000
                      > in the Texas Gulf coast.
                      >
                      > Can anybody recommend an insurer that provides reasonable rates for
                      > fair coverage - or a broker who provides good service?
                      >
                      > Regards
                      > John Abercrombie

                    • karkauai
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 30, 2009
                        Hi, everyone,
                        I was looking thru the posts for advice on getting from the Chesapeake to the Caribbean this winter and ran across this post on insurance. I have mine through Keenan Marine (Ardsley, NY) with Mariners General Insurance Group in Newport Beach, CA. It covers the US coast from Brownsville, TX to Eastport, ME and the Bahamas and Turks/Caicos and CAribbean EXcluding Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Columbia. She has to be N of St Mary's, GA or S of Granada between June 1 and Nov. 15 for the Hurricane season. Yearly premium: $3767 US. This is despite me being a first time boat owner (other than ski/fishing lake boats).

                        My contact at Keenan is Stephan Rathsack <stephan@...>

                        So far am very happy, but haven't had a claim...knock on wood.
                        Kent
                        Kristy SM 243