Amel Yacht Owners Re:alphatronics converter

  • Anne and John
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2002
      Sorry about the delay. The address for Alphatronics is 29 Newtown Business
      Park,Poole,Dorset BH12 3LL. Ph 01202 715517,
      fax 01202 715122.Email sales @... web
      http://www.alphatronix.co.uk
      Their range covers converters 28/12 volts from 6amps to 30amps isolated and
      unisolated. The 30amp isolated for SSBs etc costs about 180 pds but the
      others are much cheaper. Pochon quoted me 8,700 French francs for an Icom
      converter but a mate who does the electronics for some of the Volvo fleet
      put me on to these.
      I asked the guy at Alphatronics why they were so reasonable and he says
      they make huge numbers of the for trucks etc and the isolated ones are
      government approved for petrol tankers etc.
      Regards, John Hollamby