Re: New Member

  • naticual
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
      -Hello we own a 1986 Sharki is the prop folding or feathering. If it
      is feathering you can put it in reverse then shut the engine down and
      the prop will stay open and the prop will turn to power the
      alternator.

      Hope this helps.

      Gene

      -- In amelyachtowners@y..., "atocateja2002" <acordero@w...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > My name is Antonio, two months ago I'm the hapy owner of a 1986
      Amel
      > Sharki, I bought it in Spain to a German couple, an the boat is in
      > fine shape.
      >
      > I could not understand wel with the German owners during the deal,
      > and have a lot of questions about the Sharki.
      >
      > The first question, the previous owner put on the boat a folding
      > propelor....
      >
      > What to do with the shaft alternator ????
      >
      > It's great to have a group like this.
      >
      > Sorry my bad English.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      >
      > A. Cordero
    • atocateja2002
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2002
        Thanks Gene

        i never think about that!!!

        my prop is feathering and in the next sailing i will prove it.

        Antonio

        --- In amelyachtowners@y..., naticual <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > -Hello we own a 1986 Sharki is the prop folding or feathering. If
        it
        > is feathering you can put it in reverse then shut the engine down
        and
        > the prop will stay open and the prop will turn to power the
        > alternator.
        >
        > Hope this helps.
        >
        > Gene
      • Roque Reis
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 20
          Hi to all.

          After 4 great years, we decided to find a new family for Atica - our Amel 54.

          Luckly, Juan de Dios y Eduardo, with their lovely wives, showed up. I am sure Atica will be ok in the good hands of these two Spanish brothers that sail together. They already joined the group (as atica2015 at yahoo dot com)

          I would like to thank all members for their support and wisdom. I hope I could also have been somehow usuful for some. And if you don't mind, I will stick around for a while.

          Please welcome, as usual, this new family. And if you give them half what I got from this group, they will be more than happy.

          I live in Brazil, as some of you already know. So if you ever decide to sail these warm and calm waters, I will be glad to assist in anything possible. You can reach me at  ediroque at gmail dot com.

          Thanks

          Roque
          (from now on, sailing in Ilha Grande- Rio de Janeiro, and living in Santos- Sao Paulo Brasil)

        • Kent Robertson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 20
            We will miss you Roque.  I hope to be in Rio in a couple of years...I'll get in touch.
            Welcome to the group, Dios and Eduardo, and wives!
            You will find this group a friendly place to acquire a wealth of knowledge about Amels.  It's a big learning curve, so don't be afraid to ask questions.
            The search engine will answer many or most of your questions. Look at conversations, files, and photo sections.  When you do post questions or comments, be sure to identify your boat model and hull number (Amel54#---, Atica) so everyone will know what boat we are talking about.

            I hope we will meet one day for a glass of wine or beer to swap stories.

            Kent
            SM243 Kristy

            Sent from my iPhone

[...]

          • Peter Forbes
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 20
              Roque,

              Farewell and good luck - I will be passing Salvador in February 2016 and I will be in touch.

              Thank you fir writing.

              Peter

              Peter Forbes
              Amel 54 #035 in Corfu for winter
              00447836 209730

[...]

            • seafeverofcuan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 20
                Dear Roque,
                                  Best wishes for the future and thank you for the help installing my new gearbox.
                I spent two fantastic years in Brazil with Sea Fever and can understand why you would sail closer to home.
                When I eventually sell Sea Fever I intend doing something similar around the Southern coasts of Ireland.
                Fair winds.
                Regards,
                Trevor Lusty

                Sea Fever of cuan
                SM425
                Mexico
              • Juan de Dios Gonzalez
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 23
                  Hello everyone,

                  We are Juande ,Eduardo and wives Ana and Maribel, from Spain.

                  Thanks for the welcome and especially to Ana and Roque who have showing to be like great friends

                  We're meeting Atica during the month of January and we are surprised by every detail of Amel.

                  We have learned something about our boat watching in this group in previous files.

                  For example, we now have problems with the bilge pump (Reya Marina) and we have seen many owners has also had problems.

                  We are thinking of changing to a 320 gulper Whale pump, as some owners are advising

                  Could anybody to confirm that this would be a good option?

                  Excuse my bad English!

                  Regards

                  (Amel54 # ---, Atica) Sorry, this weekend I am going to look the hull number