SM Onan Generator smoking badly

  • Graham Boyd
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2005
      The Onan on my SM is smoking badly when under load. Before I remove the
      injecters for cleaning and servicing, has anyone else had this problem
      and are there any hidden snags or good to know techniques in the
      removal process(the onan instruction book gives no guidance)? Did
      cleaning the injecters stop the smoke? My geny has 1600 hours on it and
      the injecters don't look as though they have been removed before. I
      look forward your comments, as it's still cold in Scotland at this time
      of year and I need the fan heaters to work without fumigating those
      anchored down wind!

      Graham Boyd