Computer for NECO autopilot

  • jjjk12s
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2013
      Does anyone know how easy it is to use the NECO autopilot rotary motor but add an extra box of tricks, say a Raxmarine SPX30 with a Raymarine control and use the old NECO control as a back-up?   Also excuse my stupidity but with the yahoo group screen layout I can't locate the search feature for the old postings.   John, Popeye, Maramu 91
    • Shiva Yahoo
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2013
        Hy John

        on my Skarki i have the Neco with a raymarin S3G
        and it works fantastic. I think the Neco gearmotor will work for livespam.
        For elektric in at the raymarin you have a terminal box direct for Neco System called Motor with Break or clutch
        If you need more Info contact me

        Regards
        J.

        Sent from my iphone J Schäfer

        Am 01.09.2013 um 10:17 schrieb <jjjk12s@...>:

        > Does anyone know how easy it is to use the NECO autopilot rotary motor but add an extra box of tricks, say a Raxmarine SPX30 with a Raymarine control and use the old NECO control as a back-up? Also excuse my stupidity but with the yahoo group screen layout I can't locate the search feature for the old postings. John, Popeye, Maramu 91

      • Conn Williamson
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2013
          Hi John, I also have changed the controller to a TMQ. The tech said to keep the motor as you won't get a better one than that in the market today, which I did.
          The system works great, it also has nmea 2000 so it interfaces with my plotter.
          Regards....Conn Williamson
          Mango # 28
          Townsville

        • jjjk12s

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 4, 2013
              Hi John, He might be right as I had a marine electronics shop fit our one. I know he also had to fit a new fluxgate compass and rudder sensor to the system so it could interface with the gps.
              It did cost a few 1000's dollars. Try a few quotes.
              Regards
              Conn Williamson..Amel Mango
            • Gene Carter
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013

                I found all the directions and wiring diagrams at the nichaleson38.org
                Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013

                  Thanks, that's great.

                  John