Water Pump Impeller Puller for Yanmar & Onan

  • amelliahona
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005

      I previously mentioned on this forum that I had fabricated a tool to
      make the job of pulling out the water pump impeller easier. I have
      uploaded a picture of the device to the photos section. It is
      relatively easy to fabricate. I can make these for $35 US and would
      be willing to have a bunch made up if anyone is interested. Or feel
      fee to use the concept and make your own. I used stainless steel
      for the "jaws" but the basic locking pliers are plated mild steel
      and can rust so precautions need to be taken to prevent that. After
      each use I rinse mine in fresh water and treat it with Boeshield.
      The great thing about this tool is that it does not damage the
      impeller in any way nor does it mar the pump housing. Since it
      locks in place on the hub of the impeller it won't slip off and skin
      your knuckles (after having done that a few times I was so mad I
      decided to build this tool).

      If interested email me at AgCEagle@...

      Price $35.00 US plus shipping.

      Regards, Gary Silver SM #335