Super Maramu on cover of Sail magazine

  • closereach
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
      Is the Super Maramu on the cover of the latest Sail magazine a forum
      member? Any idea where this great aerial photo was taken?
      Richard Tate
      SM "Spice"
    • Joel F. Potter
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
        Hi Richard,

        Joel Potter here. That photo was taken off Fort Lauderdale Beach.
        The boat was TOOWOWIE owned by Lowell and Sharon Blossom. That's me
        in the floral shirt on the port side of the cockpit. Autopilot is
        steering, my buddy Ray Eaton is opposite to starboard, and we were
        doing almost 10 knots. Billy Black took the photos for a feature
        article when the SUPER MARAMU won BOAT OF THE YEAR- OVERALL in
        Cruising Worlds 2000 BOTY competition.

        Incidentally, a nearly identical photo also appeared on the cover of
        BLUE WATER SAILING for the June, 2004 issue which was taken during the
        same session. That was a fun day on the water!

        All the best,

        Joel F. Potter - SM 400, "MARY BROWN"