Re: Boat will not come up to speed

  • bent_jyllinge
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2012
      When the bottom is clean and the motor is doing 3000 rpm, the only fault I can think of is the mechanics of the autoprop. Maybe the blades doesn't reach the correct position when going forward?
      Do you see any change in fuel consumption?
      Just a thought.

      Regs Bent
      --- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Sailormon <kimberlite@...> wrote:

      > Kimberlite has an autoprop. In her recent trip to st martin at 3000 rpm with
      > the 100 HP Yanmar
      >
      > we could only get 6.8 knots out of her in flat water.
      >
      > The prop was shiny clean and the boat bottom scrubbed before we left NY.
      >
      > There is no black smoke or vibration from the engine. The tranny fluid is
      > clean and not burnt, and the shift leaver at the tranny is
      >
      > In the correct position.
      >
      > Any ideas as to what the problem could be?
      >
      > Fair Winds
      >
      > Eric
      >
      > Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite
      >

      > _____

    • murray k. seidel
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 4, 2012
        Sundance sm349 at 2800 in calm water is hitting 8.5 to 8.8 Kn. Most likely
        it is the autoprop mechanics. I cannot remember whether the pitch can be
        changed or if you have not greased the gearing in the prop it may not open
        to proper position. Check their web site. Murray Seidel

        <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> , Sailormon <kimberlite@...>