B&G Speedometer

  • peter killen
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2012
      Hi All, we are trying to replace the sensors for the log, in the keel. Does anyone know how to run the new senders to the instruments.
      Any help would be much appreciated
      Peter
      SM Pure Magic 433
    • killenpeter@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2012
        Hi All, We are trying to replace the sensors for the log, in the keel. Does anyone know how to run the new senders to the instruments? Any help would be much appreciated.
        Peter Killen
        SM Pure Magic 433
      • Ian & Judy Jenkins
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2012
          Hi Peter, when we fitted new sensors we attached wires to the inboard end of the wires to the old sensors before removing them. These in turn became the messenger lines for the wires on the new sensors. I suppose tyhe alternative would be to push a stiff piece of wire inwards and use that to reeve a messanger.
          I was in Hyeres last week and heard that although Amel still fit the sonic speed to all their new boats B & G basically dont sell them to anyone else. How long spares will be available is anyones guess but other transducers also work with the same box . Cheers, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, St Raphael

          > To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
          > From: peterkillen@...
          > Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 20:49:26 +0000
          > Subject: [Amel] B&G Speedometer
          >
          > Hi All, We are trying to replace the sensors for the log, in the keel. Does anyone know how to run the new senders to the instruments? Any help would be much appreciated.
          > Peter Killen
          > SM Pure Magic 433

        • peter killen
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2012
            Hi Bill and Judy. Many thanks for the reply. The main problem is trying to remove the unit situated behind the cork without damaging the area. How did you do this?
            Peter

            Sent from my iPhone

            On 3 May 2012, at 09:19, Ian & Judy Jenkins <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

            > Hi Peter, when we fitted new sensors we attached wires to the inboard end of the wires to the old sensors before removing them. These in turn became the messenger lines for the wires on the new sensors. I suppose tyhe alternative would be to push a stiff piece of wire inwards and use that to reeve a messanger.
            > I was in Hyeres last week and heard that although Amel still fit the sonic speed to all their new boats B & G basically dont sell them to anyone else. How long spares will be available is anyones guess but other transducers also work with the same box . Cheers, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, St Raphael
            >
            > > To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: peterkillen@...
            > > Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 20:49:26 +0000
            > > Subject: [Amel] B&G Speedometer
            > >
            > > Hi All, We are trying to replace the sensors for the log, in the keel. Does anyone know how to run the new senders to the instruments? Any help would be much appreciated.
            > > Peter Killen
            > > SM Pure Magic 433

          • peter killen
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2012
              Hi Bill and Judy. Got it sorted! Many thanks for the advice. Launch tomorrow so will soon see if it works
              Peter

              Sent from my iPhone

              On 3 May 2012, at 11:19, Ian & Judy Jenkins <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

              > Hi Peter, when we fitted new sensors we attached wires to the inboard end of the wires to the old sensors before removing them. These in turn became the messenger lines for the wires on the new sensors. I suppose tyhe alternative would be to push a stiff piece of wire inwards and use that to reeve a messanger.
              > I was in Hyeres last week and heard that although Amel still fit the sonic speed to all their new boats B & G basically dont sell them to anyone else. How long spares will be available is anyones guess but other transducers also work with the same box . Cheers, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, St Raphael
              >
              > > To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: peterkillen@...
              > > Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 20:49:26 +0000
              > > Subject: [Amel] B&G Speedometer
              > >
              > > Hi All, We are trying to replace the sensors for the log, in the keel. Does anyone know how to run the new senders to the instruments? Any help would be much appreciated.
              > > Peter Killen
              > > SM Pure Magic 433

            • Ian & Judy Jenkins
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2012
                Hi Peter, The unit is just a push fit, a tube about 5 inches long, possibly with an O ring ( don't remember).It just prised out with a screwdriver--or maybe screw an eye into the cork part and pull. Ian