Overhaul electric motors

  • Willem J. Kroes
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hallo Amel owners,

      As second owner of 'Kavanga', a 1992 Santorin, I am preparing the
      boat this winter for a longer trip this sommer. In that proces I
      want to overhaul the electric motors for the main sail and more in
      particular the gear boxes attached to these motors.
      The motor attached to the mast came off without any problem, but the
      one attached to the boom gives me problems. Although I removed the
      two screws it will not come off. I can feel coupling between the
      Anderson line tender on top of the boom and the shaft coming out of
      the gear box.
      Is there anyone who knows the tric?

      Best Regards,

      Willem J. Kroes
    • koenvelleman
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2004
        --- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Willem J. Kroes"
        <w.kroes@h...> wrote:
        > Hallo Amel owners,
        >
        > As second owner of 'Kavanga', a 1992 Santorin, I am preparing the
        > boat this winter for a longer trip this sommer. In that proces I
        > want to overhaul the electric motors for the main sail and more in
        > particular the gear boxes attached to these motors.
        > The motor attached to the mast came off without any problem, but
        the
        > one attached to the boom gives me problems. Although I removed the
        > two screws it will not come off. I can feel coupling between the
        > Anderson line tender on top of the boom and the shaft coming out
        of
        > the gear box.
        > Is there anyone who knows the tric?
        >
        > Best Regards,
        >
        > Willem J. Kroes

        Hi,

        You have to unscrew the bolt fixing the pulley on top of the boom

        Koen