Re: [Amel] Music radio antenna

  • Jean-Luc MERTZ
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2012
      I put my antenna on the mizzen, it is very important that it is high
      over sea level.
      I am in Cap d'Agde, and I capture the boats across the
      Mediterranean(Tunisia) !
      For your TV cable it is possible to use it. But regarding that the most
      difficultys is to climb high in the morning, I would put a new cable
      with low losses (very cheep).
      Jluc on CottonBay
      good winds

      Jean-Luc MERTZ
      Expert
      /Tout est possible dans un monde infini/

      Le 29/02/2012 18:49, ferruccilorenzo a écrit :

      > Hi everybody, I have to move the AIS (receiver and transmitter)
      > antenna from the mizzen mast (following your advice, i'm planning to
      > install here the wind generator :) ).
      >
      > Where do you have install the AIS antenna (rx and tx)? Can I use the
      > cable of stereo hi-fi, that have its antenna on the main mast
      > (replacing only the antenna)?

    • Jose
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2012
        For the AIS I used the TV anthena cable and connected it to a new antena on the top of the main mast. It works very well and can see ships farther than 30 miles away.

        It just required a trip to the top.

        Jose Vengas
        Ipanema SM 278