2982[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Forward bildge water

  • Judy
    Jul 1, 2007
      Dave,

      To answer your first question, there is no danger because to insert
      the pin you have to turn off the toggle switch that is located in
      front of the pin hole. With the toggle switch off the bow thruster
      cannot be operated at the helm.

      Regarding your second question, I am not sure. We were concerned that
      we might not adjust it properly so when we were in Guadeloupe, we
      asked Amel to adjust it. That is when Laurent at Amel-Guadeloupe said
      it was adjusted properly and showed us how to pull on the wire cable
      to move it the last 1/2".

      Regarding a bilge pump for this area, we believe that it is designed
      to remain dry. If you service the bow thruster and you secure it with
      the locking pin, it will remain dry.

      Best,

      Bill & Judy Rouse
      s/v BeBe
      SM2 #387

      --- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "drdavegoodman"
      <drdavegoodman@...> wrote:

      > Hi Judy and Eric
      > Thanks for your responses.
      > Two questions:
      > 1. Is there any danger of damaging the mechanism that lowers the
      > bowthruster if the pin has it fixed in the up position and you forget
      > to remove it while lowering the bowthruster?
      > 2. When adjusting the bowthruster cable, I assume you do that when
      > the bowthruster is in the down position?
      > Dave

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic