      From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Judy
      Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 7:42 AM
      To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Forward bildge water

      Dave,

      We replaced the seals and still continued to get a small amount of
      water while sailing especially sailing to weather. We had noticed
      that the bow thruster did not appear to raise all the way up because
      the holes for the locking pin did not align.

      While we were in Guadeloupe we asked Laurent at Amel to adjust the bow
      thruster height. He looked at it and said it was adjusted correctly
      and told us we needed to manually raise the bow thruster the
      additional 1/2" which would align the holes and allow the locking pin
      to be inserted. He said that by raising it this last 1/2" and
      inserting the locking pin water would be prevented from coming in
      around the seals. He showed us how to raise the bow thruster and
      insert the pin by pulling the "lifting wire" inward (toward me) which
      raises it another 1/2" and aligns the holes. Since our visit at Amel
      in Guadeloupe, we have had no water in the bilge.

      Is there any possibility that you have done any sailing without having
      the bowthruster locked (pinned)? If so, you would have probably
      received a slight amount of water in the forward bilge as you have
      described. If you have never sailed without having the bowthruster
      pinned in the locked position, then you have the correct assumption
      that it is time to replace the seals.

      Judy & Bill Rouse
      s/v BeBe
      SM2 # 387