14456Re: [Amel] main prop seal removal

  • Ian Shepherd
    Sep 29, 2013
      Dave,

      I do the same as Bill. Drill small holes and wind in self tapping screws then extract with a pair of pliers. One caveat though. It is easy to burr the prop shaft with the chuck of your drill so use a longer than normal drill bit to avoid this.

      Since replacing the Amel bush with a replica made of stainless, my seals have been in place for 4.5 years with no signs of wear or leakage. Some say you shouldn't put stainless on stainless but I have found no problem having assembled the bush to prop shaft with plenty of Corrosion Block anti corrosion grease. Sleeving the old bush with stainless is probably a better way.

      Ian Shepherd SM 414 (2003) Crusader Larnaca Cyprus

      On 29/09/2013 15:35, drdavegoodman@... wrote:

      What is the best method to remove the old main prop seals on 1998 SM?

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic