A Question!

  • Betty Hicks
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2002
      Hi Everyone,

      I know I haven't written in a while but nothing much has happened in my life
      until now.

      I have a question for everyone here. For the last week I've been sick, I
      got this really annoying cough right now and when I cough, I sound like an
      old smoker. I've been to the doctor twice now, the second time was today, I
      was hoping she would give me something for it because it is driving me and
      the people around me nuts. But she said it was only a virus and I needed to
      let this ride itself out. Well I have people near me all the time and When
      I cough I feel like I'm coughing right in their faces and I told the doctor
      that and she said that people should understand that it's not your fault.
      Well I do feel it can be helped by her giving me something for it. She
      wants me to bring the stuff up from my lungs and she feels coughing is the
      only way to do it, the only way I can do it is if I cough so hard that I
      start to puke it up and I lose everything else besides the phlegm (sp?). My
      question is am I the only one who has this problem or do any of you have the
      same problem? Are you always able to bring stuff up without puking?

      She did give me something for it at night because I have lost a lot of sleep
      due to this cold. But she doesn't want me to take it during the day because
      it will stop me from coughing. Well what she doesn't know is that I am
      going to take it during the day. I am so tired of hacking all the time.

      Thanks,
      Betty
      Madison, WI

    • lorie smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18, 2002
        Hi I'm new to this site. I have heard that amc people are more sensitive to bronchitis n things of that nature. I had a bad cough once for months. I use vitamin c drops to suck on, n humidifiers in whatever room i'm sitting in. hope that helps.
        Lorie
        Betty Hicks <missbetty37@...> wrote: Hi Everyone,

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT