RE: [Adults AMC] Neck & Back Cracking and Leg Braces

  • Adam Menze
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2013

      I am 42 and my physical condition sounds a lot like Ted's, except I have no
      braces. When I was younger, I had bicep-tricep transfers done which changed
      my arms from being rigid and straight to bent 90 degrees with some range of
      motion. As long as I can remember, my elbows have "cracked". And if I
      didn't crack them, my range of motion was limited. About five years ago I
      asked my brother in law, who was trained as an orthopedic surgeon about it.
      He told me the "cracking" was caused by the tendon sliding over a catch
      point in the joint. Not a big deal, but annoying. I have not thought about
      my elbows cracking in quite some time until Ted's email came. My elbows
      don't "crack" anymore. I'm guessing that as I age, my joints are wearing

      As I age, I find that I am having more pain in my knees. Sometime my knees
      "click" as I walk. I'm taking three Ibuprofen each morning, but question
      how long I can continue doing this before something else will need to be
      done. Anyone have something similar with their knees?

      Anyone in the upper Midwest have their pilot's license?

      Adam Menze