Neck Arthritis

  • ving973
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2012
      Hello,

      I am 48 y.o. with AMC. I use a motorized wc. My whole life my neck has been very strong and I use it for leverage (rolling over in bed, etc.). I have been having pain for a while in my neck, and recently had a CT scan. It revealed that I have advanced degeneration, bone spurs, and stenosis. Have tried PT, acupuncture, massage, heat, pain killers, and the effects are short lived.

      Any suggestions would be appreciated.

      Vincent
    • Michele Moskowitz
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2012
        the only thing that helped my husband with arthritis in his neck was a
        fusion.

        Michele

        --
        To read all about Chiari, go to http://www.asap.org/

      • Mala Corley
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2012
          I recently had cortisone and numbing medicine (whatever its called) So far it
          has helped. Only been a week though.

          ________________________________

          --
          To read all about Chiari, go to http://www.asap.org/

        • Vincent Grenier
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2012
            Does he have AMC?  How'd the fusion work out?

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4, 2012
              He does have AMC, but he also has something called CM (which is Chiari
              Malformation) and SM (which is syringomyelia) The fusion helped him alot!
              He was losing the ability to walk from the pressure on his spinal cord
              from the spinal stenosis and all the other problems that he was having in
              his neck.